I knew her when...
Educators and those who work with students will be able to relate to this blog...
Once in a while a student comes along that you just aren't sure what to do with. You know that they will someday do something wonderful. In fact, they'd like to do it now but no one(including you because you lack vision) will get on board with their ideas. So you write it off and say, "Go for it. I hope that works out for you." all the while thinking that they're really just a dreamer.
A few years ago I had just such a student. She was so (over the top) bubbly that we all wondered what she was on...and where we could get some. She would come in every other day with some new idea for ministry. She always wanted to start some new project. And every time I'd shake my head and go, "There goes ABB again with her BIG ideas."
I don't know if you read the comments on my blogs but recently there have been a few from a girl named Amy Beth. She has included links to her site and asked me to look at it. I knew she had started a ministry at her college a few years ago, but SHORT-SIGHTED me thought, "There goes ABB again!" It turns out she really has done an AMAZING thing! As an 18 year old she started a ministry for young girls and it has apparently EXPLODED! My sister called me this morning to say, "Who is this chick? I need to meet her and find out how she's done this!" So I finally checked out her site. It's for sure the same old Amy Beth. She's still so bubbly you don't know what to do with her...but oh my stars...GOD DID KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HER!
Amy Beth, I am sorry I didn't check it out sooner. I am so proud of you and what God is doing through you. You have always blessed my heart, but now my heart is over-flowing. You rock my world! I am impressed beyond words and so thankful to be able to say that I knew you when...
I can't wait to watch and see how God continues to use you. What a blessing to know you. What an amazing woman of God you've become! Thanks for keeping up with me. I'm sorry I didn't keep up with you better! Email me so we can get together next time you're in Knoxvegas.
Go check out her blog. Click on the ministry so you can read all about what she's doing. http://ministrysofabulous.com

2 Comments:
So, so, SO sweet! I linked to you this morning so our high school girls can get a little glimpse of what I'm like.
I'll email you my phone number in a bit. :)
I second that emotion, Amy Beth. Your website is indeed fabulous (I looked at it before Christy did..) I too am incredibly proud - thank you for blessing me (and countless others) through your faithfulness and obediance to God in your life.
Anne Troutman
Post a Comment
<< Home