Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

27 July 2008

I could have been killed!

I am still adjusting to living alone again. I have lived alone for years, but for the last almost year I have had Ginny as a roommate. I didn't realize I was going to have to re-adjust!
If you know me at all, you know I am a big chicken. I am afraid of my own shadow...and I sleep with my gun within reach. (Or in Uganda, with my guard and his AK47 right outside.)
Tonight I came home to find a car parked in my driveway. It didn't look familiar and had out-of-state tags. I was too afraid to just pull in and see who it could be. I live in the hood, you know. Not wanting to call the police and look like a dufus if it turned out to be no one, I called Ginny and Mark and then Bert and asked them all to come over and rescue me. Once the posse arrived we went and looked and no one was in the car. Mark opened my door (but didn't go in...why is that, Mark?) and I rang the neighbor's doorbell. The wife finally came to the door and laughed and said, "Oh, is my sister's car in the way? I didn't realize she had parked it there until it was too late." WHAT THE HECK? It was 10:00pm...when was too late? And why did she park in MY driveway and not hers? There was room in hers! And then when I told her that my posse was out there because it had scared me to death she LAUGHED! That makes me want to say very ugly words. Why do people think it's funny when other people are frightened??? I could have DIED.
Thank you Mark, Ginny, and Bert. You saved my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home