I'M SO EXCITED
I think I told you all a few months ago about the African women I found walking along the highway. They didn't speak English and I drove away crying and saying, "I just wanted to be your friend!" Well, a month or two later I was shopping in Marshall's and the girl at the checkout had a very familiar accent. I immediately asked where she was from. She's from Southern Sudan!!!! (northern border of Uganda) I told her I had been looking for friends from Africa and she replied (in a very Sarah-like accent), "I'm the one!" She gave me her number and we've talked on the phone a few times, but I have been out of town all summer. Today I finally got to go to her house and meet her mother, four brothers, and her 4 month old baby! I have a new friend!!!! I couldn't be more excited.
Her name is Grace and she is a senior at Central High School. Her family has been here 2 years and she says she doesn't really have any friends so I think she's excited too...even if I am an old woman! She's working at Marshall's two days a week and supporting her entire family. Please pray that God will use me in her life. There must be a reason we met. I KNEW shopping was a ministry!


2 Comments:
Hey, we need a HHS entry... christythereddevil.com
tish
Hey Girl, I have enjoyed finally be able to sit down and read your blog and I miss you. Great stories. Doesn't Grace remind you of Agnes? Makes me want to see our Ugandan friends??? Do hope that you can spend more time with her and the family. You should never try to cook...it takes too much time and energy...just eat cereal and then "wind down." We love you...and love these stories...so great to hear from you today and look forward to updates. Claudia
Post a Comment
<< Home