Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

23 July 2009

Just wrong


Most of you know the story about the student who raised his hand in class and asked me if I was going to "go over there and marry some sweaty Spaniard". Well, here is the reason why that will NOT be happening. Men here wear Keds knock-offs without shoelaces and with white NYLON ankle socks. I cannot get past it. I will not get past it. I cannot marry a man, no matter how sweaty or how Spanaird, who wears such inappropriate footwear.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even better ... I like the way he has his "toe" propped up on the step! That "just ain't right".

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never say never! Tends to be what God asks me to do when I make "never" statements. :)

Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home