The cake???
What is the best part of a baby shower? It is the CAKE, of course. So when I got there and didn't see a cake I was a little disappointed. But then when they said it was time to eat someone walked out with this...cake. Now, you know I love olives, they're my favorite food. But really, olives on a cake? I was confused and a little frightened. It turns out this is a sandwich cake. It is layers of bread with something like chicken salad in between, then "iced" with mashed potatoes and decorated with olives, peas, and red peppers. Wow. Wasn't expecting that. It was yummy though.


4 Comments:
Oh dear.. now that.. "Takes the cake". I thought there would be little that could surprise me.. But this does! Five years in Europe and I never saw a 'hint' of this elusive "sandwich cake". I don't care how good it "looks"- it's a cruel mean joke.. a cake is a cake! My sweet tooth just cried.
I have to say that sounds pretty gross. Cute idea though...probably wouldn't go over very well though for picky Americans.
um, yeah...that would be a major disappointment to me :) like your london pics...sorry you didn't get to see Hugh!
haha... that's great :)
Post a Comment
<< Home