Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

22 September 2009

London

Last week I got to go to London to take some classes on how to teach English to non-speakers of English. It was a very useful class and I am sure it will be beneficial in my new role in working with English teachers at some local high schools. I also hope to start a class for adults at the Baptist church. There are tons of folks there who want to learn English and they ask me all the time to have a class. I would love to do it and hope to have something going very soon.
Anyway, other than getting to take the class, I got to stay with my dear, sweet, amazing friends, Elizabeth and Kristy. They took me to all the best eating spots, shopping spots, and tourist spots. We even got to go INSIDE Buckingham Palace. It is only open for one month out of the year so we felt like we had to go. I am glad we did. I have no pics from inside because they aren't allowed, but it was cool, trust me. At the end we were hoping to have tea with the Queen herself, but she was not at home. She was at her castle in Scotland. She summers there. Elizabeth did have a coffee with a cinnamon crown in her cafe. I'm sure she has never been out to her cafe, but we enjoyed it and the view of her gardens.

Claudia, if you're reading this, please know that I thought of you several times. I saw pics from her trip to Uganda in 2007 and a pillow that read, "God save the Queen". I wanted to buy it for you as a momento of your first memory of me, but it was 35pounds and that is a lot of dollars!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home