Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

07 September 2009

Another discovery

I used to have to read this guy's poetry in Spanish literature class in college. Now I walk by the palace where he was born every day. So weird.
But wait, there's more...
After I saw this place and after I posted this picture, I kept thinking about the only poem I actually remember and the only one I think I ever really understood. I looked it up today and who do you think it's by??? YES, it is by Antonio Machado. How cool is that?
"La plaza tiene una torre,

la torre tiene un balcón,

el balcón tiene una dama,

la dama una blanca flor.

Ha pasado un caballero

-¡quién sabe por qué pasó!-

y se ha llevado la plaza,

con su torre y su balcón,

con su balcón y su dama,

su dama y su blanca flor".


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home