Sweet smile
The ladies (and some men) gave a shower for Lillian at the church last weekend. It was such a blessing to her and to Victor. She had told me that she was worried no one would come. They don't know many people in the church. But tons of folks showed up and showered them with lots of nice stuff, especially diapers.
It was a sweet time of praise music, prayers, poems, and games. This is a game where people had to guess the size of Lillian's belly with toilet paper. I think a man won! I did not paritipate in this game. The game I was drafted into was one where we had to taste something nasty and guess what it was. Luckily I was able to tell it was chicken before I had to put it into my mouth. I almost gagged just smelling it. What would they have done if I had trown up right there on the spot???
I chose this pic to post because it is the only one I have of Lillian where she is smiling. Africans (and many other folks outside the US) do NOT smile in photos. I don't know why. Lillian even made fun of my driver's license pic when she saw it because I was smiling. She wanted to know why I was doing that!
Isn't she beautiful???


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home