Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

04 March 2010

Road trip


Monday was a holiday so the chicas and I decided to take off on a road trip. We headed about 3 hours NE to Granada to visist La Alhambra. It is the most visited sight in Spain. It was a Moorish palace. Remember that the Moors (North African Muslims) ruled Spain for 8 centuries. There is a lot of their stuff left. It has been "renovated" over time, but the Arabic influence is still there. In fact, Charles V tore down part of it and built his own, more modern palace right in the middle of it. By more modern I am referring to the 1600s, but the original was built somewhere around the 1200s. I wouldn't mind having my own palace...and servants to take care of it, of course.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home