Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

06 April 2010

Feria de abril

Feria de Abril (April Fair) is coming up in a couple of weeks. Everyone wears flamenco dresses and parties for an entire week. I went last year in plain clothes and felt so left out and vowed not to do it again this year. (I arrived the week before feria and didn't have time to get a dress. ) Fortunately, I have a friend whose mother makes these dresses. Each dress is hand-made and they generally cost $300 or more!!! Carlos's mom gave me a great discount on a dress left from last year that was already marked down. I got a STEAL! So this will be my feria dress for this year. Right now it is being altered a bit. I am hoping it won't be quite so low-cut when she finishes!! I'll post more pics when the event actually takes place. Stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEOWSA!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

~ Jess

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

You have never been more attractive.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I LOVE it!!!! You are too cute!

Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home