Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

26 December 2010

Twas the Sunday before Christmas

My friend, Cristina, invited me to an orchestra concert that her sister was playing in just before Christmas. It was in a church in the city center. It was, like most churches in Europe, an old and beautiful building. That is one of the things about Europe that I like. They are more concerned about beauty than function. In America we're about functionality and not as much about aesthetics. Anyway, I was not surprised to see Mary as the centerpiece of this altar. That is true in all of Seville. I was, however, shocked to find that there was not one Christmas decoration...not a nativity or anything. So odd.
Very high class to go to the orchestra though, no?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home