Need to update
I know I rarely blog these days, but I do think about it all the time. I just don't have a lot to tell. There isn't crazy stuff happening here all the time like there was in Uganda. But I'll tell you some cool ministry things...
A teacher I work with was having a difficult time last year and I gave her "Purpose Driven Life". (It is not my fav book, but it seems to really be a good tool here. Spaniards seem to be looking for meaning and purpose in life.) She told me she keeps in on her night stand and reads it every night. She LOVES it. Last week something happened at school and it really rocked her world. She was telling me about it in tears and about how she couldn't sleep the night before. She told me she took sleep meds and everything but just couldn't go to sleep. Finally at 4am she said she picked up that book and read it for a few minutes and she said she went to sleep almost immediately! She said it gives her peace. She also mentioned that there are some parts that she doesn't understand and that she would like to talk about them sometime if I didn't mind. Do I MIND???? She also once told me she knew she had a Bible but couldn't find it so I brought her one this week and gave it to her with a bunch of Psalms written down. I told her that they were the ones I read when I need peace and calm. She was very excited! Pray for her...I think she's seeking, but doesn't even know it.
My friend, Abraham, has been wanting his mother to come to some even at church so that she can get to know us and know we're not freaky-cult-people. I had been to dinner with her once so he asked it I would invite her to a women's event we were having last week. She went...that is huge...and really enjoyed it. I ended up staying at her house that evening for dinner and she talked my leg off. She is having serious financial issues and is at the end of her rope. Pray that she will soon realize that there is someone at the end of that rope waiting to reach out to her!
Life is really busy here these days. We just got a new family this week so we're trying to get them settled..find housing, buy furniture, get cell phones...there are 6 million things to do with new people. Pray for their adjustment and transition and pray for the rest of Team Seville to have some down time. Several of us are running at more than full speed and we know we can't keep up the pace. I am especially tired and, if you know me at all, you know I get emotional and don't make good decisions when I'm tired. Pray for good rest when it is time to rest and strength for when there's not time to rest!
So...that's all I got today. Just felt the urge to blog. Now I'm going to rest. =)


1 Comments:
I never read all of PDL, but here are some links (below) to articles I came across recently on Rick Warren. Just FYI. you may or may not be interested. I just know when I read these, I had no idea what he was into. It has caused me to really use discretion!
http://solasisters.blogspot.com/2011/02/saddlebacks-daniel-plan-doctor-will.html
http://solasisters.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-is-rick-warren-quoting-universalist.html
Post a Comment
<< Home