Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 June 2011

ATL

We spent our last 3 days of the trip in Atlanta. Sweet Darby came and met us, but I somehow didn't get a picture with her!! How did that happen???
Anyhoo, we did the CNN center, Stone Mountain Laser Show, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, and the zoo. One night they were so tired that when we told them we were going to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner they asked if they could just go to McDonald's and back to the hotel to sleep. Twelve days of run run run will catch up with you...even if you're 15 years old!!!
Pepa and Justo, the teachers, had as much fun (maybe more) than the kids! They are still talking about it at school. Justo says it was life changing. I hope that means more than just being in awe of America...I hope it means he was impacted by Christ's love poured out on him while he was there!
CNN tour was pretty cool. We got to see one guy doing his bit at the anchor desk and got to see lots of behind the scenes cool stuff. Our tour guide, however, hated her job...and us. Not nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home