Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 June 2011

Dixie Stampede

Both teachers learned something new about American while they were there. They thought all we ever ate was hamburgers. They found out that it is not hamburgers...all we ever eat is CHICKEN! Not only were we served chicken at Dixie Stampede, but one town outside of Atlanta had SEVEN chicken restaurants and EIGHT wings places...in a one mile stretch of highway!!! Would you be surprised if I told you we were the only white folks in that town? We honestly didn't see any others. It was almost like being back in Uganda. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home