Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 June 2011

Flashbacks

I hated hiking growing up and my dad would drag us hiking almost every weekend through my middle school and early high school years. I would complain all the way up the mountain and all the way down. It must have been exhausting to be with me.
On this day we took the kids on a hike to Laurel Falls in the Smokies. We took them on a PAVED hike that is only a mile long. They complained all the way there and all the way back. I felt like I should call my dad and apologize. Now I know what I sounded like.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Brandon Ripato said...

Ah, natural bridge...good times. Kind of...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home