Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

16 October 2005

Random stuff

As I'm sitting here posting new stuff, I'm watching one of the three channels on my tv. It's the video channel. It's usually booty-shakin' East African videos, but today they're showing some Western videos. I just got to see Alicia Keys, but now is the real treat...Michael Bolton!! Do y'all remember that song...something about "I said I loved you but I lied"? I'm pretty sure this man thinks his chest hair is sexy. His shirt is all open and stuff. Someone get this man some wax!
And then, speaking of wax, I went to have my eyebrows done yesterday and had them threaded instead of waxed! It's the most insane form of beauty torture ever! I wish I had taken a picture because there are no words to describe it. They wrap thread around their fingers and twist if and somehow pull out all your eyebrows. It's really less painful than waxing, but it's just the strangest thing I've ever seen!
And now we've returned to modern times...some rapper named Frankie making out with lots of half-naked women. I forget how horrible American videos can be!!

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that there are children from the missions organizations at church reading your blog. Maybe references to "making out with half-naked women" might not be appropriate. Your site is visited by many people learning about missionaries...and your nieces. Love ya, monica

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Schlinky said...

I have heard of threading - all the hippest Hollywood actresses have it done and it's really expensive! Go you!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Hey Schklink! Glad to know you're alive! Yeah, I'm hip. I'm the coolest. However, it's not quiet that expensive here. It cost me 5000 shillings...like $2.50! Those actresses should come here to have it done!

Sis, get over yourself! I'm pretty sure my reference it to how BAD the videos are, no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home