Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

12 October 2005

Please pray about my stupidity

Remember about a month ago when I told the story of donating money to the wrong NAMB? I had my friend, Tara, go to my bank and stop payment on the donation and thought what it was all taken care of. Well, it turns out, it's NOT!!! A few days after I was sure payment was stopped, I went to the real namb website and donated the money properly. Now, nearly a month later, and after my back has charged me a stop payment fee, the money came out of my account to the wrong namb!!! (My bank came back and said that it couldn't stop payment since it was charged as a credit card...not very comforting to know...what if my card were stolen? Would I be responsible for charges then?!) So now I've given this large sum of money to TWO organizations!!!! I can't afford to give this amount twice. What am I to do?!
The only thing I could think of was to email this wrong company and plead with them to refund the money. I sent the request to the president, vice president, secretary and treasurer of the company. Who else could I have asked?
Will you seriously pray with me that they will take pity on me?! I hate when I do stupid things! Arg!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy, since you paid by credit card you should contact the credit card company (not the bank -- even if it's issued by the bank) to challenge the donation made in error.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home