Stalked by M7
Today my friend, Kristin, and I were going to the pool. It's at this place out by Lake Victoria called Speke Resort. It's like leaving Uganda for a few hours so I love to go out there. Anyhoo, we were met at the gate today by many police and military men. I instantly recognized the scene and thought maybe we should go. However, they were telling me to get out of the car before I could go anywhere. We asked what was going on and explained that we only wanted to go to the pool. They told us we weren't "allowed" to know what was going on. I let them know that if that was the case, we would be going. They insisted we get out of the car...and added that we were to do it quickly. We started to laugh at this point...it's hard to explain how important these men think themselves to be. I tried to get my bag and get out when another man came along and told us to get back into the car and pull through the gate and then go through the search. We laughed even harder. We got back in, pulled through the gate and no one would tell us what to do, so we just went right on and parked the car and made our way to the pool. We weren't sure if we'd be gunned down for disobeying, so I started talking to some of the policemen standing around. I asked if the president was coming. They explained that it was not only His Excellency, but it was also the presidents of 5 other African countries! We went on into the pool and enjoyed our day. We never saw him arrive, but if the truth be known, I think Pres. Museveni (M7) is stalking me. I think he was more interested than he appeared to be that day!

4 Comments:
Hey you should've yelled "Babe Ruth" in the pool. Do you think he saw Caddy Shack?
Maybe you should talk to him using the little voice.
Keep in mind it IS his county. Please be careful!!!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home