Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

26 January 2006

The Surreal Life

Stop bothering me!! I KNOW I need to update my blog, but Hello (the program I use to put pics on) hasn't been working for 4 days now! I have been TRYING so please stop yelling at me.
Here's what you are missing...
Today I was standing in a French pastry shop in East Africa when the 80s charity song, "We are the World" by USA for Africa came on the radio. I thought, "I wonder if those celebrities know that the children in Africa are still starving and that AIDS is still killing." I think Michael Jackson has bigger problems these days. (That's the surreal moment of the day.)
I am on the last day of treatment for MALARIA!!! Yes, after being here over a year and not getting a single mosquito bite until very recently, I got malaria! And yes, it IS the deadliest disease in Africa, but sadly that is because the people can't afford the treatment. Even sadder, it is only like 3 bucks. But I am better. I had a fever of 102 at the worst point but I really only had a very mild case of it. It was like I had been hit by a truck....achy all over and a HORRIBLE headache. It's very much like a severe case of the flu. But I am doing well. Thanks for asking.
What else...let's see. The pic I am trying to put on is of a box of crap some friends sent. Keep checking, maybe it will be posted soon.
Ummm...I got a camcorder for Christmas yesterday. (Thanks Mother!) Now I'll be able to put together some videos for when I come home...in just over 8 months. Is everyone praying about what I am going to do next? If not, get started!
Oh yeah...I killed a GECKO by myself tonight! And in the process, discovered another one! I had to get Sarah for gecko # 2. It got away and she had to hunt it down. And then she killed it with her HANDS. Now, that is devotion folks. That is LOVE! I'll never find a husband who loves me like that.
Okay, enough rambling. I'll save some for when the pics can be put on again.

We are the world...we are the children...we are the ones who make a brighter day so lets start givin'... Sing with me now!

3 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

You are a funny, funny woman. Thanks for making me laugh, Gecko-Killer!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey auntsissy will you please come home?Love your favorite niece,Abi

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Abi, you are right. You and Bailey are my favorite nieces! And you are also right about my needing to come home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home