Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

04 April 2006

What a testimony!

I realize this picture is not the clearest one I could have put on here, but you really needed to hera this story and this is the only pic I have of this amazing woman....
Sunday at church they asked for testimonies. That's pretty common here. In fact, most of the testimonies praises to God for life because death is such a part of living here.
Anyway, this lady got up Sunday morning to share. She began by telling us about being taken away from her family in the North when she was only a young girl. She was taken from her family by the rebels (the LRA that Pat Robertson is so confused about...see previous blog) and basically made into a prostitute in Southern Sudan. She said that she was raped too many times to count and explained that her front tooth was removed as a sign of prostitution (commone practice in the North). She talked about the scars all over her body from the numerous beatings she received.
If this woman had been giving her testimony back home, I would have expected her to be crying through the whole story. Instead she was SMILING because she knew that she was about to get to "the good part". She began to dance and shout as she shared with us how the Lord had saved her and redeemed her from this horrible past. She was not sad at all...the worst was over! God has given her a new life and she will not stop praising him!
Oh how I long to have eyes to see that clearly! God has saved me and I so often get stuck in the past, present, or uncertain future and forget to PRAISE Him for what He has already done for me.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C,
Just went to 3rd Day and David Crowder Thurs. night. They are using donations from their tour to send to Northern Uganda and the children affected there. The word is out. People are praying and responding. What an awesome God we serve! love, Tish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home