Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

02 October 2006

Hating goodbye

My last official ministry in Kampala was tonight. I went for the last time to Soweto to teach our group of ladies (yes, there are two men there...no matter how many times you say "ladies' bible study" the men still come).
Saying goodbye is getting harder and harder as I have saved the "best" for last. These folks are so special and it's hard to explain why "I'm leaving them". They feel as if I am deserting them. They can't understand a "two year call" and right now, I can't either. Oh, this is harder than I thought it would be. Tomorrow I will spend the day with Sarah and Joshua. Please pray for us as we say goodbye. My heart is breaking to pieces. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangest thing...I feel like I am leaving them too. I don't know if it was the trip or the two year blog or living in Africa through you...but I am going to miss these people so much. My heart is breaking too...I can't imagine the grief you must feel. Praying...Sis

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

You know why those guys are there, don't you? What better place to meet a girl than at a "ladies Bible study". If you just work the church, there are more guys to compete with. (joking- completely joking)

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again my prayers were answered for you. I prayed that the people there would love you as I do and take care of you. GOD is so AWESOME! Thank you JESUS



Your Mother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home