Didn't know how much I had missed it!
A few weeks ago I started talking with Bert about the college ministry at Beaver Dam. He and Tara are the leaders and Tara has just had a baby so she's kind of out of the loop right now. Bert asked if I'd be willing to help out this summer and I agreed. We've decided on a study about God's heart for the nations and I'm really excited about it. However, last night was our first night and I went with a horrible attitude. It seems that most of the college folks are helping with the youth group on Wed nights and don't finish until 8:30 which means we don't get to start until 9 or 9:30. Seriously, for a college kid, that a great time, but for an old woman like me...not so much. By 9:30 I'm usually in my jammies "winding down" as my friend, Claudia, likes to call it. So I went with a 'tude last night. But then we got started and I got so excited and by the time I left I wanted to stay all night! You all, I had forgotten how much I love teaching! I am so excited to get to do this this summer and to be teaching a S.S. class too...it's just too much candy for a dime (another Claudia-ism)!!!
So there you have it. I'm now excited about the prospect of teaching Spanish again in the fall. I really loved doing that and really never wanted to leave the classroom so why would I not want to go back? I think God just used this college thing to remind me what I was missing. Thanks God, you're so fun. Now, can I have a job in the fall, please?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home