Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

11 May 2007

So sweet

You know how I keep saying that this temp work is humbling...how one woman asked me if I knew how to alphabetize? Well, apparently there are some BAD temps out there. I've been at this latest assignment for 4 weeks now. It started as 3 and then they asked me to stay another. I am not sure why except that they said they wanted me to help them train the new person they hired. Seriously, I could have told her everything I knew in 10 minutes and saved them some money! It turns out that I think they were just doing it because they liked me. I have done NOTHING this week! And then today I got a call from my temp agency saying that this company had called and said that they really appreciated me and wanted to give me a $100 bonus!!!!!!! How sweet is that? All I did was answer phones for crying out loud. When I thanked them and asked them why they would do such a thing, they said, "You just don't know what kind of temps we've had before. We wish we could just keep you."
Today I asked God for a confimation of something I had to deal with today....whether to re-apply to Knox Co Schools for the fall. He very graciously reassured me through this company that He WILL provide for me. He always does. I am truly humbled.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's really sweet... kind of funny! I started to look at jobs today- just to see what I'd be interested in... I won't be back for another 6 months... Anyway, I'm glad you keep up your site... I enjoy reading it!! You're right... God will provide a job- it's hard to wait... but, so encouraging to hear Him tell you so :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home