Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

25 April 2007

Prayer request

Last night on the news I saw that one of my former students from Central had been killed in the war. His name was Mike Rodriguez. I had had him in Spanish 1 (twice, love his heart!) and then I was his principal (he was a junior, I did jr. discipline). He was truly one of the most respectful teenage boys I've ever known. He never addressed me without a "yes ma'am", even when being disciplined.
I have never known any student so obsessed with ROTC. All he ever talked about was graduating and going into the Army...like his dad. His dad was truly his hero.
I am sure the family is comforted knowing that he died doing exactly what he wanted to do...serve his country. Please pray for them. I don't know if they are believers or not.
Also, his little girlfriend...he had asked her to marry him in January. They were going to be married as soon as he came home. Pray for her too.
Mike was an Army paratrooper. He and 9 others were killed in "the worst attack on coalition forces in years". It was a suicide car bombing.
You know, I am such at fan of the president....but how much longer is this war going to last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home