Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

02 May 2007

Oh pu-leeasseee!!!

Y'all help!! I just listened to a FIFTEEN minute story about someone's dog's stay at a kennel while she was away on vacation. I am NOT an animal person and could not care less about stories of how your dog thinks she is a princess! Come on!!! If you are spending EIGHTY dollars a month on meds for your dog, get help...for you, not the dog. Do you KNOW how many people you could feed or send to school with that money? And obviously the dog isn't healthy...PUT IT TO SLEEP! You are not doing it a favor by keeping it alive. Come on!!!! Get a grip!
All of this to say, I do not want to hear about your pets or look at pictures of your pets. Sorry. YOU love your pet. I get it. It's fine that you love your pet. But do I have to love your pet? I love my sister's dog, Merry. Isn't that enough?
(Judy, this includes you.)
ps. If I'm this mean, heartless, and uncaring, can I still be a missionary? Dang I need to work on loving people more. (I said PEOPLE, not animals.)

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

It's funny because how people relate to pets was one of the culture shock adjustments for me.

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get bit by a dog today. Your're so mean the dog would probably die.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I don't hate dogs. I just don't want to hear stories about dogs that have nothing to do with my life. If it's a dog I know...I'll give you 3 minutes, but NEVER 15 minutes for an ugly (I've seen pics), little, yippy dog that I will never see or have anything to do with EVER.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Christy said...

And you can try to be anonymous if you want, but I now that comment was from you JUDY!

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope; that comment was most certainly NOT from judy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home