Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 April 2007

Missing Kampala...Praising God for the amazing work He is doing

This is one of my favorite pics from Kampala for several reasons. One, because it has sweet Claudia in the background on her very first Sunday in Celebration. I am sure that smile wasn't the easiest thing to muster up that morning! (Hasn't He brought you so far from that day, Claudia?) Also, because it has a precious child posing with her palm branch on Palm Sunday. This was my first Easter season in Kampala. I remember being so confused on the way to church that morning. I couldn't figure out why all of the children were running and smiling and waving palm branches. (Since the seasons didn't change, I didn't always know a holiday was coming!) Then I got to Celebration and ALL of the kids had palm branches and were so excited that it was the week of Easter! They were preparing to celebrate Christ's resurection in a big way! That Sunday we met in a small classroom and had a large crowd. There were probably something like 30 people there that week. They came from each of the 4 or 5 house church groups we had going at the time. It was a great day.
Now, 2 years later, there are FIVE celebrations. The one that meets at this location has well over 100 each week. The others continue to grow as well. I just heard last week that there are close to SEVENTY house church groups meeting throughout Kampala!!!! God is really moving! Praise His name!
I know not many folks check my blog anymore. Those of you who do...thanks. I hope that it reminds you to pray for the m's still in Uganda, like Danny and Claudia, John and Rebekah, and others. (I mention those because those who came to visit know them personally.) I hope you are praying for the Ugandans as well. Pray for Benon and Deo and John and Agnes and Sarah and Madinah and Dickens and so many more. Pray that God will continue to grow them in their relationship with Him and in their ministry throughout Uganda. This is a BIG week. Easter is a special time in the life of the church. I pray that you are feeling the excitement too...whatever that looks like for you. I pray that you'll have time in the busy-ness of your life to really spend time thanking God for sending His Son to live and die for you. Mukama ye bazibwe. Amina nyo!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

You know I am still reading in case you need some photography tips.
Good memories.

(Actually, I use Bloglines which lets me know anytime you post something new).

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we missed you this year. Actually I didn't even make it to church on Easter because I was sick in bed with malaria. I am doing better now though. Thanks for being a great prayer advocate for Kampala. LOve you friend,
Rebekah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home