Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

14 June 2007

Get over yourself!

So I'm working for three radio stations as a receptionist this week. It's the most obnoxious job I've had so far. I'm out front in a lobby while everyone else is behind locked doors like they are some kind of celebrities. Come on, you're on the RADIO!!! Get a grip. They ARE three of the biggest stations in Knoxville, but still, it's Knoxville. Am I right? And I've met the President of Uganda. Do they think they're gonna impress me with their radio voice? He's a dictator. What are they compared to him? Ha.ha.
Anyway, this guy just walked in and asked to see so and so. He's a big o black guy talking all ghetto like he's from East LA (cuss word every other word to the point that he makes no sense) with a tatoo/scar in the shape of an E on his bicep which he is proudly showing off while wearing his tight beater shirt. I asked his name and he said/mumbled, "DJ Dred" to which I replied, "Did your mom not like you?" He did not laugh.
I don't like my job this week. I have it until the day before I leave for Uganda next week. Yuck.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Hatmaker said...

Aunt T,
I was wondering if you could get Baby Einstein's autograph for me. He is my favorite right now! That would be really cool!
Love,
Abe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home