Disappointed
Yes, he called. We talked a couple of times over the weekend. He seemed great...until I realized that in all the talking, HE was the only one talking. I asked him every question under the sun to try to get to know him and he answered them all with passion and conviction...but NEVER asked me anything. I take that back...at dinner (after dessert) he asked me about living in Uganda. However, he started on another story about himself and I never answered it. He only found out that I teach Spanish at Bearden because I told the waitress!!! She asked me more questions than he did.
Basically the night can be summed up with this picture...
Nice restaurant...sweat pants and a ball cap!!!!!
There are NO circumstances under which a 36 year old man should wear SWEAT PANTS (nylon or otherwise) to dinner. NONE. And especially not on a first date. COME ON!!!! Call me shallow. I can't get past it.

3 Comments:
TRUE!!!! no excuses for the sweat pants. none. that is just wrong. you shouldn't get past that.
~ jess
Haha- this story makes me laugh! I'm sorry that this happened... I completly agree with you- NO SWEAT PANTS ON A FIRST DATE!! Are there any normal guys left in the world?!?
Christy you are halarious. Sorry...guess he won't be coming to my wedding...would he have worn sweat pants to that? Thats so funny. Sorry for the disappointment though. You're going to meet some hot Spainish man anyways :)By the way...Larry Pumpelly somehow found my wedding webpage and left a comment! I was like, what in the world...you should read it.
Post a Comment
<< Home