Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

03 September 2007

Kampala Urban Team goes to Louisville


I not only got to see my real family this weekend, but I also got to see part of my Uganda family too! Kari and the Barnetts are all at Southern in Louisville so I went there after the trip to Maysville. It was so fun to be with them and to realize that the bond that God created in us in Uganda is a true bond that lasts on this continent too!!! Yes, there are some missing since they are still in Uganda (come home, Danny and Claudia) but it was great to be together again anyway. I also got to see James, a Journeyman from training that spent his time in Sudan. Missionary families are special...a true blessing. Love you guys!

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy you look great!!!!!!! I have been reading your comments from you messages and it sounds like people out there love you as much as we in Lewisburg. Remember Lewisburg........this is Kristi Murphy now Berrett. I finally got to get back on the internet (moved to new house) and saw where you said identify myself. You are touching alot of lives and that is great. My email is k_moeq@yahoo.com
Take care!!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops forgot the r in your messages
When you are talking to Monica tell her we said hi
Kristi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home