Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

21 August 2008

School shooting

Yes, there was a school shooting in Knoxville today. It was at the school where I was Asst. Principal before Uganda, Central. From what we understand, the shooter was caught. We here at HHS were under lockdown for about 2 hours, having been told there was possibly another shooter. It was apparently untrue and we've been trying to have school in spite of the fact that more than half of the students have checked out and gone home. Central is only about 5 or 6 miles down the road and lots of our kids' friends go there.
Pray for the folks at Central. "Only" one kid was shot, but the impact is huge. They're hurting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home