La cocina
This is Maria's kitchen. It's pretty typical. Most kitchens I've seen in apartments here are this size or smaller. Yes, that is the washing machine with a load of clothes in front of it. The washer is always in the kitchen, and no, there is no dryer. Everything gets that rough, dried outside, needs to be ironed look.
Side story...
Maria wants to throw my laundry in with hers. I don't want her to. There is just something wrong with washing my undies with the undies of strangers. I don't like it. Anyway, when I told her I'd like to do my own laundry she said that would be okay. The first load I put in she stopped me, pulled it out and told me to turn everything inside out so it would get clean better. I disagree with this theory whole heartedly, but I was nice and allowed her to "teach me to do laundry" (as she put it). At the last second she threw in a towel or two. I do NOT wash towel with my good clothes. This is precisely why I wanted to do my own laundry (other than the undies issue). But, I was sweet and said nothing. Later, while she was out, I put in a load of whites. I'm pretty OCD about whites being nothing but whites. It was not a large load, but was all of the white stuff I own and needed to be washed. I wanted to put it in without her here lest she throw in more towels for Pete's sake! Dang it if she didn't come home before it finished. (It takes 2 hours to wash a load.) When she saw that I had put in another load, she looked at me with serious disdain and said, "That is not a full load. I could have put my things in there!" Notice her things are not white. I guess I just won't be washing anything for this next few weeks that I am here. It's too traumatic for me and for Maria it seems.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home