Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

15 May 2009

Random history moment

In my quest to get to know Sevilla I went to the Real Alcazar this week. It is a palace that was begun during the time that the Moors (Muslims) ruled Spain and finished sometime later. It is an architectural marvel with Muslim and Christian styles throughout.
Throughout the centuries different kings have occupied it. This picture was taken from inside the room where Queen Isabel (the one who gave Chris Colombus the money for his trip) gave birth to a son who later became king. Is that not amazing? Once again, I am blown away by the fact that this door I'm looking through is older than our country. And it was built before modern technology or equipment. A.maz.ing.
BTW, the current king, Juan Carlos, stays here when he is in town.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home