My first package!
Yesterday I arrived at home to find that one of my neighbors had gotten my mail for me and put it in my house. How?, you ask? Well, the inside of my building is an open patio. I live on the second floor and there are 4 other apts on my floor. My "office" window opens up onto what would be like a balcony that I share with these other folks. Since the sun does not shine on this side, I leave my window open at all times. There is no screen, but there are bars. No one can enter, but they can stick their hands through. My desk is right in front of the window. I have to be careful not to leave my computer ON the desk...what if it walked away? Only my neighbors could get to it, but I don't know them...they could need a new computer, right? Anyway, someone had reached in the window and placed my mail on the desk. Usually if something doesn't fit in your tiny mailbox, you have to go to the PO to retrieve it. I was excited that my neighbor got this one for me! (Now if I could just figure out who it was so I could say thanks!)
Back to the package...
My sweet friend, Anne, has been STEALING magazines from the library of the school where she works. She knew I would enjoy reading about the AnitChrist...err...Oprah...so she sent me that one. She also sent me some People en Espanol. That made me laugh. I can get people in Spanish here, Anne!!! She also sent a pizza cutter...who knew those wouldn't exist here? And best of all, she wrote me a LETTER! Who does that? I got an actual letter. Thanks, Anne! You're the best!
ps I'm still keeping it real on SW09...even from here. We could keep it real together if you'd buy a stupid plane ticket.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home