Webay
I spent last week in the Alps in Germany. The Western Europe region had it's Annual General Meeting (AGM) there. Everyone serving all across WE came together and we spent a week "retreating" and getting our batteries charged. We had two phenomenal speakers. One did a series on Psalm 23....the best I've ever heard. The other guy was David Platt. I had never heard of him, but apparently I am the only one. He was a.maz.ing. He QUOTED Romans 1-8...CHAPTERS 1-8... as well as various other passages. He kicked my butt about a lot of things, but especially scripture memorization. Why is it that I can quote every line of Pretty Woman but not nearly as much of God's Word??? I'm working on it.
This picture is of the Webay auction. They have everyone bring an item from their country for a silent auction and then have all of the American vols bring stuff from America. All of the money goes to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Let me just tell you, cake mixes and Crystal Light and Velveeta cheese and pancake syrup and Bath and Body products never cost so much!!! We raised over $20,000 dollars in one night. I paid $40 for Crunch and Munch and won't ever tell you what for cake mix and icing! It was so much fun. And seriously, if 300 m's who are PAID by the Lottie Moon Christmas offering can raise over $20,000 in one night, why can't my church raise more than that? We spend money on what's important to us, no?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home