Airport prices
I had a few hours in the airport in Lisbon, Portugal on my way to Germany. After eating an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's (our McD's isn't open until noon and therefore does not serve breakfast) I decided I needed a bite of chocolate. The vending machine had Mars, Snickers, and M&Ms. I went for the Mars. It cost 2 euros. That is about $2.80. That is almost $3 you know. I assumed it would be a large size...or even normal size. It was not. It was tiny. I was ROBBED.
Unrelated to that...
Inside the pillowcase you see here is my iFlop. It is an elephant that is a pillow with headphones into which you plug your iPod. Yes, it is designed for children. Yes, it now has a short in it and now longer plays my iPod. That is not the point. The point is, I like to have a pillow when I travel and it is the perfect size when it is wrapped up in a pillowcase. Anyhoo, the screeners always look at it funny when it goes through the airport security scanner but no one ever questions it. In Germany, however, they made me take it out and they inspected it and rubbed it down with a bomb-detecting paper that they had to take to some machine to determine if I was carrying a bomb...disguised as an elephant. The paper came back fine. The elephant will travel again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home