Zahara
I went on my first outing without American friends yesterday!! A Spanish friend, Carmen, invited me to the beach and we took a new friend from church, Juliese, from Brazil. We spoke a combo of English, Spanish, and Portugese all day. (No, I don't speak any Portugese, but they tried to teach me at least one phrase.)
The beach we went to was BEAUTIFUL and it was surrounded by a cute little town. I would love to be able to put more pics of it all, but I gave up and left my camera in the car after lunch. There was no way to get a good beach shot without a topless woman in it. And I can't even tell you what else I saw. Children read this!!! YIKES!
Anyway, the town/beach is called Zahara...Sahara...like the desert. It was hot like a desert but at least there was water...very blue water that was not sticky and salty like our side of the Atlantic. I wonder how the same ocean can be so different? What did we do to it?
If you come visit, I'll take you!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home