Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

21 April 2010

Feria 2010

Last year I arrived in Seville the week before Feria de Abril. I didn't have a dress, so I had to go dressed in street clothes and I was a little sad. This year, I bought a dress!
Feria started Monday night at midnight and will last until Sunday. It is a week of nothing but partying. The fairground is divided into two parts. One side is fair-type rides but the other is nothing but "casetas". These are basically tents set up like bars. They are owned by the very wealthy and to get into one you have to be invited. We were very fortunate this year to be invited by teachers from both of the school where we volunteer. Yesterday we went to 3 casetas. One was owned by the principal of the school. Two others were owned by two of the teachers. Today we are going with teachers from the other school and who knows how many we'll get into! We're very popular, you know! Ha.
Above is a picture of me with the three interns (left), two English teachers (either side of me), and my friend, Carmen. The teacher to the left of me has spent her break time on Thursday for the last 4 weeks teaching us to dance "Sevillanas". It is very similar to flamenco and I am sad to say, I am TERRIBLE at it! I may LOOK Sevilliana, but I can't dance like a Sevillana! Oh well. Maybe I'll get it by next year. Poquito a poco.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home