Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

19 November 2011

Trujillo

I recently had to go to a Team Leader meeting in a town about 2 1/2 hours north of here. I didn't want to go because I am the only female TL, but it turned out to be a good time and a precious town. These are the walls of the city...built in 12something. You know, 12something...a couple hundred years before our country was discovered. In fact this town is the birthplace of the conqueror, Pizarro. The one who conquered Peru and other stuff in South America. CRAZY.




This it the view of the town from the top of the castle (built in 1234) walls.


And here is the sad part. In the wall of the castle/fortress there is a Virgin (Mary) that everyone in the city prays to. You can stand at the bottom and pray to her from outside, but if you have a really serious petition you go inside, climb to the chapel, pay 50 cents and she TURNS AROUND for 1 minute and you pray to her with her facing you!!! It is heart-breaking to watch people go and so earnestly seek her help. How can they not see this as an idol? I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home