Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

19 November 2005

Let's play a game

I put something on the other day about Pretty Woman and it has sparked some fun responses. I could list quotes from that movie all day long...and a million other movies too. Sad, I know. Even sadder, they're almost all Julia Roberts movies!
I thought maybe you'd like to hear a few of my other favorites and leave a few of your own. You can hit the comments button and leave one even if you don't have your own blog.
Here are some favs to get us going:
"Believe me, if he were feeling what I'm feeling then he'd know how I feel!" -My BFs Wedding
"I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her." -Notting Hill
"He's a fatty. He's fat." -You've Got Mail
"Where's Jerome? In his skin!" -Purple Rain
"Your mom goes to college!" -Napleon Dynamite
"I think we should have more Holy Santos in the hall to protect us..." -Nap. Dynamite
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" -Dirty Dancing
"He's your lobster!" -Friends (not a movie, but quotable nonetheless)
"What do you want to marry me for anyway? So I can kiss you any old time I want." -Sweet Home Alabama
"Shoot girl, I'm homeless!" -not a movie but a fav. from my life with Bubbles
I think I'll go watch a movie. Y'all add some, would you?

10 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Ok I am somewhat paraphrasing this quote..."You want a doughnut?" "I'd better not...I used to eat doughnuts by the dozen and sometimes they would get lodged right in here(pointing to his upper rib area)"-Tommy Boy

"Why don't you just cry about it...saddlebags." -Ace Venture Pet Detective

"This is like the worst movie ever made. Like anyone could even know that Napoleon."-Napoleon Dynamite(this is just one of many favs on ND)

"Nice one nurse!"-Meet the Parents

"Pass me some more of that jello, Clark...that stuff is goo-uhd(good)"-National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

My favorite Ugandan quote..."sorry, sorry" (about anything and everything...whether your fall down or your mother dies!)

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger JasonC said...

It's very New Age-y, but... "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters." - A River Runs Through It

"Ha-ay! Maybe you need a refresher course, it's all ballbearings these days." - Fletch

"Sorry, folks. Park's closed. The moose out front shoulda told ya." - National Lampoon's Vacation

"1) You ever been in a cockpit before? 2) No sir, I've never been up in a plane before. 3) You ever . . . seen a grown man naked ?" - Airplane

"Doctor, doctor Doctor, doctor, Doctor, doctor, Doctor, and doctor. Well, did we miss anybody?" - Spies Like US

"Do you expect me to talk? No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die." - Goldfinger

"Chewie, take the Professor in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive." - The Empire Strikes Back

I also found this great site: http://www.moviequotes.com/ there are 209 PW quotes there and 419 Princess Bride quotes, hmm... didn't use one of them.

"Those aren't pillows!" - Planes, Tranes and Automobiles

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Ok I have to make a couple of corrections since I can't edit my comment above.

"This is pretty much the worst video ever made." "Napoleon, like anyone can even know that." Napoleon Dynamite

"Want one?" (speaking of doughnuts) "I'd better not. I have what doctor's call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time and I'd get 'em lodged right in this region here" (pointing to his upper rib/chest area). Tommy Boy

Sorry I am not the best movie 'quoter' especially word for word.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I'll wait for you forever (Susanna to Tristan before he left)
Forever turned out to be too long! (when he returned to find her married to his bro.)
-Legends of the Fall
Mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns. -Breakfast Club
You know what they say about a man with big feet? Big feet...big shoes. -Notting Hill

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didya ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight...I always ask that of all my prey. Batman
I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a whole lifetime of nothing special. Steel Magnolias
Run Forest Run...Forest Gump
License to kill gopher at will...Caddy Shack
This is fun. Sis

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Christy said...

"You know I love you more than my luggage." -Sweet Magnolias
(sis took my other fav. from that movie!)
"If you get tired, pull over! If you get hungry, eat something!" -Best in Show
"I'll stab you with forks til you bleed. I'll gouge your eye out with my thumbs!" -also Best in Show

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?" Napoleon Dynamite of course. Being the Central person that i am, i sent you an email as requested lol

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the cans, he's shooting at the cans - The Jerk

You want kiss me, you to love me you want marry me. - Miss Congenaltiy

This is all I need, this chair is all I need and mabye this mirror, that's all I need etc...The Jerk

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Favorite Movie Quotes:

Romy: Hey, um, great suit. Is that an Armani?
Suit Salesman: Yes. Yes, it is.
Romy: I thought so. So, what do you do?
Suit Salesman: I'm a suit salesman.
Romy: Would you excuse me? I cut my foot before and my shoe is filling up with blood.
AND
Michele: Hey Romy, remember Mrs. Divitz's class, there was like always a word problem. Like, there's a guy in a rowboat going X miles, and the current is going like, you know, some other miles, and how long does it take him to get to town? It's like, 'Who cares? Who wants to go to town with a guy who drives a rowboat?
- Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

Mrs. Peacock: Uh, is there a little girl's room in the hall?
Yvette: Oui oui, Madame.
Mrs. Peacock: No, I just have to powder my nose.
AND
Colonel Mustard: This is war Peacock. Casualties are inevitable. You can not make an omelette without breaking some eggs, every cook will tell you that.
Mrs. Peacock: But look what happened to the cook.
- Clue

Sherri Ann Cabot: We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.
AND
"Group schmoup, bring on the formal wear!"
- Best in Show

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Good ones! Y'all keep 'em coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home