Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

09 November 2005

Signs of aging

I'm not into this whole getting old scene. I like to think I'm young and hip. Apparently I'm not. Here's the evidence. You be the judge.
I heard Ghost Busters on the radio on the way home from school. I told my friend, Kristin, who is 22. She wasn't born when that was out.
Kristin and I watched Pretty Woman together tonight. She remembered it from when her parents went to a screening of it when she was in like 2nd grade. She had only seen it once and couldn't appreciate the fact that I literally know EVERY line.
(Should I list some of my favs for you?
Mary Pat, Mary Kate, Mary Francis, Toba!! Get ready to have some fun!
These are broken. Mine are broken.
Oh! Groovy.
I liked it so much I almost peed my pants. She said she liked it better than Pirates of Penzance.
I could keep going...I won't. Feel free to leave your fav. on the comments.)
I fell getting into the tub the other day. It's metal and VERY slippery. I did some damage to my knee I think. It's got one of those yellow, brown bruises that is just hanging on...it's been a week! Go away already. And then someone had the nerve to tell me that I was lucky not to have broken a hip!
Kristin and I were out getting pedicures last week. The guy doing my feet asked if she was my DAUGHTER!!! She's 22. I almost kicked him in the throat.
Am I old?

6 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger JasonC said...

Actually, the person was right. Doctors can do much more today with hip injuries than knee injuries. For old people, hip injuries used to be the start of a quick downward slide, but with modern advancements, they don't have to be that way. The knee however still tends to be a little tricky and problems tend to linger.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I watched Pretty Woman last Saturday morning (nice huh?, better than cartoons for sure)--it had ben WAY too long!
"aya, stucki, coche" (the asian driver says something to this effect at the beginning) / "lights, lights would be good here" / "where were you last night, i called and called? ma?" -- i could go on and on...one day we should watch this together, maybe over a plate of grashoppers!! Yikes, seriously.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

"Work it...work it...own it!"
"What's your name?/What do you want it to be?"
"I'm a safety girl!"
"Look, honey. I've got a run in my pantyhose. I'm not wearing pantyhose!"
"Big mistake. Big. Huge! I have to go shopping now!"
"Cinder-f-in-rella!"
Pretty Woman viewing in It'ly? I THINK SO!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting old!! heehaa Remember what you and your sister did for my 40th b-day. I drank out of that cup this morning. Your turn is coming my pretty......
Love Mommy Dearest......

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and she rescues him right back!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Can I call you Eddie? Not if you expect me to answer.
What's your dream? Everybody got a dream. This is Hollywood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home