Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

09 November 2005

A sweet (and very poor) friend from church named Medina sent me a gift. Sarah brought it to me when she returned from house church today. It was a bag of raw grasshoppers. Sarah was so excited to cook them for me. I have eaten them a few times now, but this was the first time that one was still a little juicy. They're usually just crunchy. I ate one and forced Kristin to eat one. Sarah, Edward, and Joshua gladly devoured the rest. Can you believe I'm putting such a horrible pic of myself out for the world to see? You needed the full effect. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger JasonC said...

That would probably be better with some queso dip.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not eat a grasshopper!monica

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Christy said...

There's nothing that can't be made more tasty with some queso dip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home