I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, but the beautiful campus that we enjoy at Heritage International School is due to the fact that it was built on a swamp. It is extremely well watered and stays green even in the dry season. The fun thing about being built on a swamp is the fun creatures that we encounter. In my tenure, I've seen hundreds of lizards, a gazillion bats and hawks and other winged creatures, and the occasional snake. Well, today was an especially exciting day because we found not just any snake, but a SIX FOOT FOREST COBRA. The workers saw it and chased it but couldn't kill it so we called the resident snake expert. He came with the "claw" and pulled it out of the hole it had gotten into. Since it was already mortally wounded, he cut it's head off. Let me tell you, we had one heck of a science lesson today. We couldn't keep the kids away so we just turned it into a learing experience. AHHHH.


2 Comments:
That is by far the coolest thing I've seen today.
-Mark
sneaky snake. sis
Post a Comment
<< Home