Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

08 December 2005

Okay, this picture absolutely CANNOT do justice to the horror movie I experienced in Mbarara at our Prayer Retreat. This missionary's house is swarmed by BATS...the big kind with the 2 foot wing span! See all the dark clumps on the trees? Those are bats...THOUSANDS of bats. And I thought they only came out at night....NOOOOO. They moved around the entire day squeaking and pooping and just being frightening. I'm not kidding...there were THOUSANDS! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I'm afraid everyone is going to read this and think it is my house in Mbarara with all the Bats! In case anyone checks these comments...it is not my house, but Dr. Peppers thankfully! :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww.I'd be soooooo scared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home