Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

28 December 2005

It's a Christmas miracle!!!!

If I could remember how to say "Praise God" in Spanish, I would say it now. However, when I try to think of it, I can only think of it in Luganda. I think I've forgotten Spanish!!!! Maybe these TORTILLA CHIPS will help jog my memory. If you received my Christmas email, you know that I was moaning about the fact that I can't get tortillas here. A year ago, when we first arrived, you could buy them all the time. Now, they've been gone since about April. But, PRAISE GOD, I walked into a store today and there they were...right by the front door!!! I wish you could see the price tag. I paid 9000 shillings for this bag...that's about $4.50...and to put it into even better perspective, that's about 2 and a half days' wages for a Ugandan! Oh, but I wanted them!!! I'll take the price tag off before anyone knows how selfish I am! Don't tell, okay? Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

¡¡Alabarte Señor!! Glad you got some tortilla chips... funny thing is that here in Mexico they don't eat those! They are missing out on all the good Tex-Mex- chips and white cheese dip... Yum!!

I would have bought them too! Enjoy- and Happy New Year! Prospero Año y Felicidad

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Happy 2006, Mango! I love you.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy another bag or 2! Just receiveing your Christmas card brought me to tears. I miss you and am praying for you. loveyoumeanit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home