Wow
If you've know me for long, you know that my life has a soundtrack. It's generally 80s songs that take me back to the "good ol' days" (that I wouldn't go back to in a million years!). Songs like Raspberry Beret can lift my spirits in a heartbeat...or any Prince song for that matter.
However, when I get to the serious side of it, there are a lot of songs that God uses to minister to my heart. While I was in Uganda this was probably truer (is that a word) than ever. There were just certain songs that pushed me through when I didn't think I really wanted to push through.
Since I've come home and have felt like I'm in some kind of limbo, there have been songs like the one I posted a few weeks ago. The one that reminds me to praise God either way...good or bad. He's still God. He's still in control. I have a to CHOOSE whether I will praise Him or not. O, how I pray that I will praise Him and glorify Him at all times!
Anyway, on my iPod I have run across this song that I didn't know I had. I think I downloaded a Mercy Me cd from my sister-in-law (thanks, Amy). It is such an amazing song. It's beautiful. It's not exactly where I am right now...I don't feel like I'm drowning these days. I'm actually quite content. But I want to put this song on here in case someone else needs it today. (And in case I need it in a week or two!) It's called "Keep Singing". I still wish I knew how to put actual songs on here, but you'll have to settle for reading the lyrics. They rock.
Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain
All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through
I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
You're the one that's keeping my heart beating
I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
That's the only way that I'll find healing
Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
Oh You're everything I need
And I gotta keep singing
ps Also, if you've known me for long, you know I like to plan my funeral. I've asked sweet Jessica Bolinger to learn this in case I die sometime soon because I'll need her to sing it for all of you who will be sobbing over my casket. Haha...ever see that episode of Friends where Monica tries to make everyone cry with her speech at her parents' anniversary party? That's my plan for my funeral. Although I fluctuate on that. Sometimes I want people to sob. Other times I want it to be a party. Could it be both? Can I have the Joker smile on my face AND have people sobbing? These are the things I think about. Disturbed...maybe.

2 Comments:
Thanks Christy! I am glad I finally made you smile! I still check your blog every day. I can always use a new song in my heart.
PS....... I thouught you wanted a buzzer in your hand in your casket, so when people touvh your hand, they will get a shock. Is that still a go? Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home