Counting blessings
Here I am at my job hating it today when in walks a young woman (maybe 23) with a five year old and a baby. She and they are pretty poorly dressed and looking kind of dirty. She was picking up a prize she had won from one of the stations. She said she probably shouldn't listen to these cds (they were pretty hard rap) but that one song was about making it through tough times and that it encouraged her. She then proudly told me that she was living at Knox Area Resue Ministries and was in a rehab program and had been clean for a whole year. I said, "Praise God" and she then felt free to start telling me about all that God had done for her through KARM. She counted her blessings...food, shelter, life for her children, a new job at Shoney's. It was such a blessing to listen to her praise God for the basics of life. She asked if I went to church and I told her where. She asked if we had a bus. I sadly replied that we did not. I took her number and promised to call her when I get back from my trip. Will you all help me remember/keep me accountable. She said there are some African refugees staying there too. Maybe I could meet them too!
Pray for Ashley and her children.
Did I say I hated this job? Nevermind. God always has a purpose....which is what Ashley said right before she left.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home