Some down time
Whew...we're tired! It's been go, go, go since we landed in Uganda and now we have a few minutes to breathe! Everyone left this morning for a safari at Murchison Falls. I had been there a few times and really wanted some time to catch up with some friends here in Kampala so I didn't go with them. Plus...they're camping...blech! But I know they will have a great time and get some much needed rest. When they get back Thursday evening, we'll start packing and wrapping things up. The only ministry left is to go to a food distribution on Friday morning. Half of the team leaves Friday night...the others leave Saturday. Three of us leave Sunday night.
It's funny how much I have felt like I'm home again. I will be in a market or walking with a Ugandan friend and just have the most surreal moment. Even listening to the birds...oh those hateful birds. I even felt like I might have missed them. But the best part by far has of course been seeing my dear friends. I have been able to spend some time with Sarah. I've seen Joshua a couple of times. I even got to go to Soweto today and visit with Edward's wife and with the ladies from my Bible study group! It's funny...not really the best word...maybe strange...but how I had grown so used to life in Soweto and the struggles there. This time I was nearly overcome by it. It's poverty on a level that cannot be described...and joy on a level I will never be able to grasp. In today's sermon Thomas told them that some people don't go to church on Sunday because they haven't eaten on Saturday and are too weak. He told them that that was no excuse for not praising God...and furthermore, how do you expect God to bless you if you don't worship Him in His house?! Can you imagine? We sometimes skip church on Sunday to do things like go to the lake or because we've been up too late on Saturday. They walk miles to church in rags having not eaten for a day or two. We are so spoiled.
Anyway, I'm going to try to post some pics. I hope you enjoy. Thanks again for your prayers. We have had almost NO sickness and no one has been injured at all. And by the way...over 400 people have prayed to receive Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mukama ye bazibwe, nyo!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home