Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

23 June 2007

I'm HERE!!!

Hey friends! I'm safe and sound in Uganda. We got here really late Thursday night after 4 flights (I threw up on one of them!) and with one of my two bags. Danny and Claudia picked us up and brought us to their house to sleep. My second bag with all my toiletries finally came yesterday afternoon, PTL.
Last night I got to see Sarah and Joshua. Oh my, my heart overflows. I have missed them so much.
Tomorrow we do church and finish setting up and then everyone else arrives in the evening. Pray they all make it and have all their stuff!
Will blog/post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for praying!

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
Welcome home!
Tim

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

I love you and I'm praying for you! So glad you got there safely. :) Keep us updated via the blogaroo!

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
we are praying for you and pray you have clearity and vission, for you and for the team. miss you,
bert

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
We all are praying for you guys. God Bless all of you... Could you tell my mom I love her and her grandkids too (my mom: Kathy Westfall).. I hope that it is okay that I put this on here. Sorry, if it isn't okay...

In Christ,
Sara B. Keeley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home