The down side of teaching...
Remember last semester when it seemed everything was going wrong for my students? There was one named Jamodd that I asked you to pray for. His cousin shot himself while Jamodd was in the room with him. They were playing with a gun.
This weekend Jamodd tried to break into a house and rob it. The people, who some say he knew, were home. The man shot and killed Jamodd. He said he didn't mean to kill him. He shot him EIGHT times.
This is a tragic loss. Jamodd was a very smart kid. He was a 16 year old product of his environment. All he knew was a life of violence and loss...a teenage boy in the projects...single mama with lots of kids...no daddy in the picture...a statistic to some...a sweet boy to me. Will you pray for his family and his friends? Surely someone will learn from this tragedy.

2 Comments:
I'm so sorry.
And, I'm glad he isn't a statistic to you.
Christy -- this had to be a real blow to you. I cannot imagine. I'm glad Jamodd knew you and hope that he saw Christ in you.
Post a Comment
<< Home