Life without Christ...a commentary
My friend, Anne, told me about this song the other day so I downloaded it. It's by John Mayer who, as far as I would know, is not a Christian. Read these lyrics and see if you can figure out what is missing...
I'm not alone, I wish I was.
Cause then I'd know, I was down because
I couldn't find, a friend around
To love me like, they do right now.
I'm dizzy from the shopping malls
I searched for joy, but I bought it all
It doesn't help the hunger pains
and a thirst I'd have to drown first to ever satiate
Something's missing
And I don't know how to fix it
something's missing
And I don't know what it is
At all
I can't be sure that this state of mind, is not of my own design
I wish there was an over the counter test, for loneliness.
For loneliness like this.
Something's missing
And I don't know how to fix it
Something's missing
And I don't know what it is
No I don't know what it is
Something's different
And i don't know what it is
No I don't know what it is
Friends -check- Money -check-
A night well slept -check- Opposite sex -check- Guitar -check- Microphone -check- Messages waiting for me, when i come home
-check-
Sounds like the perfect modern version of the children's song about the God shaped hole in our hearts. I wonder how I could get in touch with John Mayer and tell him what/who is missing??? I wonder who in my world needs to know. There is a world around me trying to fill the hole with anything/anyone they can find. Does my life/my actions point them to Jesus?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home